AMAVI Capital is the no. 1 PropTech investor in the Benelux and one of the few later-stage investors focusing solely on PropTech in Europe. AMAVI is a fully independent investment vehicle with a pan-European investment scope, established to support growth of the leading and most promising scale-ups active in the fast growing PropTech industry.
AMAVI’s main distinctive characteristic is its deep understanding of the real estate industry. This provides a unique comprehension of what it really takes to disrupt the largest asset class in the world. This primary touchpoint is crucial for having first-hand insights into the industry pain-points, a clear understanding of the key decision makers in the real estate value chain and a direct access to a network in all real estate market segments across Europe. More info on: https://amavi.capital/ .
AMAVI Capital is looking for an ambitious, driven and self-motivated investment analyst with very broad responsibilities.
In this role you will be working very closely with the managing partners of the company and get the opportunity to deep-dive into an industry in transformation. You will be able to identify and understand pain points in the real estate and construction market, source new investment opportunities as a solution to these pains, analyze the opportunities into detail both from a quantitative and qualitative perspective and present them to the management in a comprehensive way.
You will be part of a very dynamic, ambitious and complementary team of professionals.
- Keeping track of latest developments in PropTech and informing the management and the fund investors about these evolutions. Also scout trends in other parts of the world (US / Asia)
- Pro-actively researching and mapping the market to find various PropTech solutions that solve current pain points, have a proven traction and are scalable
- Attend PropTech or general technology events to monitor the latest trends that will affect the industry
- Perform market analysis (competitive landscape, market size, target audience, etc.) on the investment opportunities
- Perform product and in-depth financial analysis on the investment opportunities
- Evaluate the proposed go-to-market strategy, hurdles to scale, team, monetization strategy, exit opportunities, etc.
- Discuss the opportunity with the team and with industry experts, venture partners and strategic fund investors
- Summarize the investment analysis into a comprehensive slide deck to be presented to the investment committee
- Assist in the due diligence process
- Assist in tracking of portfolio performance and identify new growth opportunities (new markets, new product offerings, M&A activity, etc.) for our portfolio companies
- Assist in identifying exit opportunities and assist in the exit process
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND PERSONAL SKILLS PROFILE
- A master in Finance / Economics / Engineering or similar
- A business school degree is regarded as a plus
- At least 2 years of business experience within venture capital/private equity or strategy consultancy
Particular aptitudes/skills required:
- Highly ambitious
- Pro-active and clear self-starter
- Well organised and self-motivated
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Passion for innovation and disruption (basic understanding of big data, platforms, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, AR/VR)
- Project management skills
- Analytical skills
- Problem solver
- Collaborator and clear communicator