Last week, we were honored to welcome Laurens Vanryckeghem as Investment Manager to the team!
Laurens brings a wealth of experience from the PropTech and real estate space. He previously initiated the real estate practice within KPMG Belgium and as the Real Estate Sector Lead, he consequently specialized in real estate technologies and innovation.
Welcome on board Laurens !!!
AMAVI Capital is the no. 1 PropTech investor in the Benelux and one of the few later-stage investors focusing solely on PropTech in Europe. AMAVI is a fully independent investment vehicle with a pan-European investment scope, established to support growth of the leading and most promising scale-ups active in the fast growing PropTech industry.
AMAVI’s main distinctive characteristic is its deep understanding of the real estate industry. This provides a unique comprehension of what it really takes to disrupt the largest asset class in the world. This primary touchpoint is crucial for having first-hand insights into the industry pain-points, a clear understanding of the key decision makers in the real estate value chain and a direct access to a network in all real estate market segments across Europe. More info on: https://amavi.capital/ .
AMAVI Capital is looking for an ambitious, driven and self-motivated investment analyst with very broad responsibilities.
In this role you will be working very closely with the managing partners of the company and get the opportunity to deep-dive into an industry in transformation. You will be able to identify and understand pain points in the real estate and construction market, source new investment opportunities as a solution to these pains, analyze the opportunities into detail both from a quantitative and qualitative perspective and present them to the management in a comprehensive way.
You will be part of a very dynamic, ambitious and complementary team of professionals.
- Keeping track of latest developments in PropTech and informing the management and the fund investors about these evolutions. Also scout trends in other parts of the world (US / Asia)
- Pro-actively researching and mapping the market to find various PropTech solutions that solve current pain points, have a proven traction and are scalable
- Attend PropTech or general technology events to monitor the latest trends that will affect the industry
- Perform market analysis (competitive landscape, market size, target audience, etc.) on the investment opportunities
- Perform product and in-depth financial analysis on the investment opportunities
- Evaluate the proposed go-to-market strategy, hurdles to scale, team, monetization strategy, exit opportunities, etc.
- Discuss the opportunity with the team and with industry experts, venture partners and strategic fund investors
- Summarize the investment analysis into a comprehensive slide deck to be presented to the investment committee
- Assist in the due diligence process
- Assist in tracking of portfolio performance and identify new growth opportunities (new markets, new product offerings, M&A activity, etc.) for our portfolio companies
- Assist in identifying exit opportunities and assist in the exit process
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND PERSONAL SKILLS PROFILE
- A master in Finance / Economics / Engineering or similar
- A business school degree is regarded as a plus
- At least 2 years of business experience within venture capital/private equity or strategy consultancy
Particular aptitudes/skills required:
- Highly ambitious
- Pro-active and clear self-starter
- Well organised and self-motivated
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Passion for innovation and disruption (basic understanding of big data, platforms, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, AR/VR)
- Project management skills
- Analytical skills
- Problem solver
- Collaborator and clear communicator